Monday, October 16, 2006

NYC MS 100mi ride

Better a late blog than none :-)

just a few notes about the MS NYC ride 2006 on Sunday, October 15th. As promised I did the 100mi loop -- thanks once more to all who supported me in fund raising for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society New York City Chapter - 2006 MS Bike Tour -- here is my fund raising site again, fund raising is still open!

The team "Asymptotes" from BNL -- you will see more and more of our team jerserys soon -- gathered in NYC at Pier 94 around 6:30 for dropping off the start envelope, this was a big mess and took forever... -- to be improoved -- finally around 7:45 a huge number (?????) of rides were filling up the start and very very slowly it started moving...



I still have no good idea how many bikers were around there... I guess Manhattan was soon fully surrounded by riders until the long distance riders left via the Lincoln Tunnel. 4 of us did the 100mi, Art and myself rode it together. The route along the Palisades was just awesome and some good views. See link to some more photos below.

We retuned via the George Washington Bridge to Manhattan.

This is my ride log,
the route, my GPS track on MotionBased.




And here are some more photos, click it:

No comments:

Post a Comment